Good morning everyone,

The *Biocatalysis and Structural Biology* group within the *Department of
Microbiology and Biochemistry (University of the Free State, South Africa)* is
looking for a post-doctoral candidate interested in biocatalysis and
structural biology.

We are interested in understanding the structure-function relationship of
various biocatalysts in oxyfunctionalization reactions.

We are looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic candidates with a
background in biochemistry, enzymology, biotechnology, or related fields
and with an interest in biocatalysis and structural biology. Previous
experience in molecular biology, protein purification and enzyme
characterization is desired. Knowledge and experience in X-ray
crystallography will be advantageous. We offer close supervision in a
stimulating and interdisciplinary atmosphere.
Applicants should hold a PhD degree conferred no more than 3 years ago.
Applications should include a cover letter with a statement of your
research interests, a CV and the names and contact details of two
references. Successful candidates will be required to start as soon as
possible.

*Please apply via e-mail to *

*Prof. Dirk Opperman at oppe...@ufs.ac.za <oppe...@ufs.ac.za>.*

Best wishes,