Hello,

I am
trying to get a structure with a bit of a history in terms of
programs I have used into a deposit-able form. However  I have massif problems
with the mtz labels, specifically the Rfree flags and
cannot figure out where my problem is derived from.

Specifically
 I have collected diffraction data on a very anistropic crystal (3 A in
one direction and 1.4 in the other) which I processed using AUTOPROC
because I wanted to make use of the inbuild STARANISO processing. I then
 went to Phenix for molecular replacement and refined a few rounds with
Phenix. However one of my co-factors (a twice covalently linked heme)
did not refine properly, which is why i switched the refinement to CCP4
and used REFMAC. What I initially did not know is that REFMAC and
STARANISO do not go well together when it comes to the Rfree-flags in
the diffraction cut-off regions.

I went back and tried to use SFtools by CCP4 as described on
https://staraniso.globalphasing.org/test_set_flags_about.html
 to generate a staraniso_mtz suitable for refinement in REFMAC, phased
it again with my initial model and ran a refinement cycle, because I
thought skipping a program might be a good idea. However I do not know
if the mtz file I get has the appropriate column labels and also I do
not know how to convert it to an mmcif that includes the data from processing.
i have never before tried to
combine AUTOPROC-processed data with REFMAC data and am not very
familiar with REFMAC to begin with. I have tried the sftool server to validate
the mtz from REFMAC processing but I get an error message

Converting SF file to mmcif format ...
Warning: (data block=1): all status (80493) are assigned as 'x' (changed!
'x'->'o')
Error: File (xxxx) has no mandatory items 'F/I/F+/F-/I+/I-' (data block=1)

tried to use Phenix (as it automatically converts the mtz to an mmcif
file) by running a "mock"-refinement with fixed coordinates but the
mmcif file I get out of this seems to contain some wrongly labeled data
fields in block 1 when I try to upload it to PDBs validation server.

Essentially it seems to contain some 30000 data points in block 1 that have a ?
This is the error message I receive:

Warning:
 (data block=1): 30301 reflections have status assigned as '?' (changed
to 'x') Warning: (data block=1): 30301 reflections have wrong status.
Not in list(o,f,x,-,<,h,l) Warning: No wavelength value was found in
SF file (data block=1).

which is essentially the same as above, so I guess it is derived from the same
problem.

I would be very
grateful for any help.

Cheers and thanks, Vera