My research group at UT Health San Antonio
<https://gccri.uthscsa.edu/lab/gupta/> is looking for a creative and
self-motivated Postdoctoral Fellow to study the structures and mechanisms
of nucleic acid enzymes. We will use X-ray crystallography, cryoEM, and
enzyme biochemistry to address basic mechanistic questions and develop drug
candidates.

Below are some of our recent publications:
*eLife. *2022 Jan 21;11. PMID: 35060905. doi.org/10.7554/eLife.67150
*Nature Communications*. 2021 Jun 2; 12: 3287. PMID: 34078893. doi:
10.1038/s41467-021-23594-y
<https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-021-23594-y>
*Nature Communications*. 2020 Jul 24;11(1):3718. PMID: 32709886. doi:
10.1038/s41467-020-17496-8
<https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-020-17496-8>

Applicants with prior experience in macromolecular crystallography and a
strong interest in cryoEM studies and drug discovery are encouraged to
apply. We already have crystals and cryoEM datasets available for an
immediate start.

The Greehey Children’s Cancer Research Institute (GCCRI) is a unique,
specialized cancer research center focusing on basic and translational
research in childhood cancer and occupies a state-of-the-art 100,000 sq.
foot research facility on the university’s Greehey Academic and Research
Campus. The GCCRI has significant external funding, a large endowment from
the state, and links to philanthropic entities. San Antonio is the nation’s
seventh-largest city and is located at the edge of the beautiful Texas Hill
County. San Antonio offers a rich, multi-cultural community, affordable
cost of living, excellent weather, and a thriving biomedical industry.

Interested candidates can submit their application (CV, a brief description
of their accomplishments, and contacts of 3 references) directly by email
to me (Email: gup...@uthscsa.edu)

Yogesh

Yogesh Gupta, PhD
Associate Professor of Biochemistry & Structural Biology
Greehey Children's Cancer Research Institute
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio
8403 Floyd Curl Drive, San Antonio, TX, USA 78229
Email: gup...@uthscsa.edu
http://ccri.uthscsa.edu/YGupta.html