Hi Eleanor,

well, anisotropy results in artifacts in maps, with different outputs depending on softwares and truncation or not. There is also the fact that the definition of anisotropy can vary. Membrane proteins are definitely affected by this pehnomenon, but a single value of anisotropy as computed by Phaser is not linked directly to a difference in resolution limits in an ellipsoid. (This claim might trigger some disaproval; I've showed it for a simple approximtion of resolution limits but others might test it with a real ellipsoid) In any case, if you want to test out different things, I have a few membrane proteins datasets (I kept the images) that I'd be happy to share.

Best
Vincent