Posted on behalf of Jochen Küpper.

—————————————————————————————————————————————

Dear Colleagues,

My group has multiple openings to work on a novel approach for sample
preparation in high-resolution cryo-electron microscopy for structural biology.
This project is in collaboration with partners at the Center for Structural
Systems Biology (CSSB) in Hamburg and from the cryo-EM industry. Thank you in
advance for bringing these openings to the attention of possible candidates.

Based on our extensive experience in sample delivery for single-particle
imaging at XFELs, we developed a novel approach for sample preparation and
delivery that promises to resolve several of the limitations of current
sample-preparation methodology. This project is moving toward technological
validation and we are extending our team to validate and improve the
methodology and its application in high-resolution structural biology and
biomedicine.

We are mainly looking for highly motivated research associates at the
postdoctoral level that are great team players and have extensive experience in
several of the following fields: aerosol physics and fluid dynamics, cryo-EM
imaging, biosample handling, biophysics, vacuum operation, cryogenics, laser
physics, light or particle detectors.
We provide a strong and closely collaborating project team with members from my
CMI-COMOTION team at DESY and the Marlovits group at CSSB that is in close and
constructive contact with the advanced technology team of an industrial
manufacturer.

Please send your application as a single PDF file containing
  • A brief letter of motivation (max. 1 page)
  • Your curriculum vitae
  • A list of 3–5 most important publications and your OrcID
  • The names and contact information of 2-3 persons who can serve as references
Please address your email tooffice.kuep...@cfel.de.

Thank you for your attention,
with my best wishes,
Jochen
-- CFEL Controlled Molecule Imaging Group — https://www.controlled-molecule-imaging.org Prof. Dr. Jochen Küpper Center for Free-Electron Laser Science (CFEL) Department of Physics & Department of Chemistry & Center for Ultrafast Imaging (CUI) Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron DESY Universität Hamburg Notkestrasse 85 Luruper Chaussee 149 22607 Hamburg, Germany 22761 Hamburg, Germany assistant: +49-40-8998-6457 phone: +49-40-8998-6330 fax: +49-40-8994-6330 mobile: +49-40-899896330 https://www.controlled-molecule-imaging.org/careers https://www.molecular-physics.org/news/seminar DPG Division of Molecular Physics – https://www.dpg-physik.de/vereinigungen/fachlich/samop/fvmo