A postdoctoral research position is available in the laboratory of Yunsun Nam
Ph.D., in the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Texas
Southwestern Medical Center, to study the mechanisms underlying RNA-protein
complexes important for gene regulation. Our laboratory works on exciting
projects dissecting how chemistry and structure contribute to assembling
specific RNA-protein complex architectures important for normal gene
expression, using structural biology and biochemistry. The RNA-protein
complexes we study are relevant for normal development as well as diseases. As
we unravel how dysregulated RNA-protein complexes derail gene expression and
cause cancer, we use our mechanistic insights to identify novel therapeutic
avenues.

Postdoctoral scholars will have opportunities to learn the newest methods in
protein and nucleic acid biochemistry and biophysics, in addition to working in
an exciting, fast-evolving field in biomedical sciences. We use various
approaches, including cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM), X-ray
crystallography, NMR spectroscopy, molecular biology, nucleic acid and protein
biochemistry, genomics with next-generation sequencing, high-throughput
screening for drug discovery, and cancer cell biology. The postdoctoral fellow
will have ready access to the top-of-the-line equipment and resources necessary
for the above approaches. For cryo-EM, we have ready access to four microscopes
on our campus: two Titan Krios, one Glacios, and one Talos Arctica. Information
on our postdoctoral training program, benefits, and a virtual tour can be found
at http://www.utsouthwestern.edu/postdocs.

Candidates must hold a Ph.D. and/or M.D. degree. Experience in biochemistry and
structural biology leading to publication in peer-reviewed journals is
recommended. Interested individuals should send a CV, a statement of interest,
and a list of three references as a single pdf file to:
yunsun....@utsouthwestern.edu (Lab Website: www.ynamlab.org).

UT Southwestern Medical Center is committed to an educational and working
environment that provides equal opportunity to all members of the University
community.  As an equal opportunity employer, UT Southwestern prohibits
unlawful discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or
veteran status.