Dear colleagues!

I would like to draw your attention to the following job opportunities.
Deadline April 7!

Best,
Stefan

PostDoc Positions (m/f/d) in Electron Cryo-Tomography (cryo-ET)

There are exciting immediate Postdoctoral positions in the lab of Stefan
Raunser in the Department of Structural Biochemistry at the Max Planck
Institute for Molecular Physiology in Dortmund, Germany. This is a unique
opportunity to become a part of a world-renowned research institute with a
diverse faculty with backgrounds in chemistry, biology and physics, and to
perform interdisciplinary science in a lively and supportive environment!

We seek highly motivated, self-driven and creative thinkers who are prepared to
take risks in defining and addressing important scientific problems, and who
use quantitative experimental, computational and/or technical approaches in
their work. The positions are available immediately in the Department of
Structural Biochemistry (Director: Stefan Raunser) and are initially limited to
3 years.

Research projects in the Raunser lab focus on important biological questions
concerning the structural organization of muscles, cytoskeletal proteins and
bacterial toxin complexes. Our ultimate goal is to understand the mechanisms
and structure-function relationship underlying these processes in health and
disease in molecular detail. To this end, we employ single particle electron
cryo-microscopy (cryo-EM), cryogenic focused ion beam milling (cryo-FIB),
electron cryo-tomography (cryo-ET), X-ray crystallography, biochemical and
biophysical methods and cell biology.

There are several projects available in our lab for talented and outstanding
young researchers who are eager to apply cryo-FIB and cryo-ET to look deeper
into cells and tissues in order to visualize and understand cellular components
that have never been seen before.

Requirements:

Ideal candidates should hold an excellent PhD in structural biology,
biophysics, physics or in an equivalent area with previous experience in single
particle cryo-EM or cryo-ET.

Strong written and oral communication skills in English are required.

Why join us?

Being a part of the community at the Max Planck Institute is more than just a
job. Our dynamic research environment, distinct culture, and diverse community
foster collaboration and excellence in every corner of science. We offer an
extensive range of benefits and resources such as:

•       access to state-of-the-art research facilities

•       opportunities to collaborate on cutting-edge research

•       an international and exciting working atmosphere

•       an integrated training program that includes lectures, advanced
scientific workshops, complementary skill courses and opportunities for career
development

•       a mentoring program to guide and promote young scientists

Salary:

Payment depends on personal conditions and qualification according to the
directive of the TVöD. Social benefits correspond to those of the public
service.

How to Apply:

Applicants should submit a CV, a motivation letter outlining research
experiences and interests and two reference letters by April 7th, 2023 to
Stefan Raunser at raunser-jobsea...@mpi-dortmund.mpg.de
<mailto:raunser-jobsea...@mpi-dortmund.mpg.de>

Additional Information:

The Max Planck Society (Max Planck Gesellschaft – MPG) is committed to
increasing the number of individuals with disabilities in its workforce and
therefore encourages applications from such qualified individuals. The MPG
seeks to increase the number of women in those areas where they are
underrepresented and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply.
Furthermore, the MPG strives to foster an inclusive culture and diversity
within its workforce. Therefore, all qualified applicants are encouraged to
apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability
status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.

-------
Prof. Dr. Stefan Raunser | Director | Dep. Structural Biochemistry | Max Planck
Institute of Molecular Physiology | Otto-Hahn-Straße 11, 44227 Dortmund,
Germany | +49 231 133 2300