Dear colleagues,

we have a PhD student position open for investigating light-sensitive GPCRs
from invertebrate or non-visual vertebrate rhodopsins by modern structural
biology methodology including X-ray crystallography and cryo-EM. The position
is funded by the ERC synergia grant SOL
(https://www.psi.ch/en/media/our-research/new-generation-of-optogenetic-tools).
The student will work in the group of Prof. Gebhard Schertler at the Paul
Scherrer Institute, and supervised by Prof. Peter Hegemann at the Humboldt
University of Berlin. The PhD degree will be granted from Humboldt University.

Paul Scherrer Institute is a large facility with synchrotron and free-electron
laser on site. We are linked to the high-level infrastructure of electron
microscopy in Switzerland. The candidate will work in the laboratory of Gebhard
Schertler in PSI
(https://scholar.google.com.sg/citations?hl=en&user=dgQlNnYAAAAJ&view_op=list_works&sortby=pubdate).
 This position in the membrane structural biology group of Gebhard Schertler is
focusing on modern structural biology. A strong interest in membrane
biochemistry and structural biology is essential.

Requirement:
Candidates should hold a master degree in chemistry, biology, biochemistry,
physics or related disciplines from university or university of applied
sciences (Fachhochschule).

How to apply:
Please contact Ching-Ju Tsai
(ching-ju.t...@psi.ch<mailto:ching-ju.t...@psi.ch>) and Gebhard Schertler