Dear Structural Biology community,
I am again seeking guidance on a matter.
What precedence do we have for cases of academic misconduct where
1. Research belonging to another researcher is misappropriated by another
researcher and used for obtaining funding in a local setup (the idea here
is no one knows outside our town) while simultaneously depriving the actual
researcher and pushing the researcher out through internal native politics?
To this IP theft under the veil of defamation attempt can be added. The
devices or resources used need not be limited to inside the research
institution concerned.
2. What kind of reprimand is justified and or has been executed in the
past? Does the European Commission, US and UK research regulatory bodies
have any standards for this kind of offences?
3. What reporting infrastructure is in place and how far is it actually
functional in protecting the victims?
I will be very grateful if you could devote a few minutes to pitch in your
thoughts on this.
With bestest regards and wishes,
Arka

p.s. As usual please do not relate it to any specific person or
institution. A theoretical exercise.