Dear All,

Assistant Professor in BioSciences: The Department of BioSciences at Rice
University (https://biosciences.rice.edu/) invites applications for three
tenure-track, assistant professor positions to begin July 1, 2024. Rice
University is a private research university located in Houston, Texas and is a
member of the Texas Medical Center.

Research in the BioSciences Department at Rice University leverages
quantitative approaches to study biological systems using both bottom-up and
top-down experimental procedures. We particularly welcome applications in
neuroscience, biophysical and structural biology, and synthetic biology,
including scholars who leverage computational biology approaches in each of
these areas. We seek applicants with research programs that will complement the
existing research in the BioSciences department. The successful candidate will
lead a dynamic, innovative, and independent research program supported by
external funding and will teach courses at the graduate and undergraduate
levels.

Rice University seeks to expand access, diversity, and inclusion. These aims
have long been a part of the university’s strategic designs (see, Vision for
the Second Century), and they will continue moving forward. In this spirit, we
welcome applicants who have the skills, knowledge, and commitment to mentor all
members of our diverse student population, including applicants of all genders,
members of historically underrepresented groups, and others who exemplify
diverse cultural experiences. Candidates must have a PhD or equivalent degree
in a biological science or a relevant field of natural science or engineering
(or have completed the requirements for a PhD by July 1, 2024).

To apply, please submit the following materials online at
http://apply.interfolio.com/130021: (1) cover letter; (2) curriculum vitae; (3)
research statement (3 pages max); (4) statement of teaching philosophy (2 pages
max); (5) diversity statement (2 pages max); and (6) contact information for
three references. Application review will commence October 31, 2023 and will
continue until the position is filled. For additional information, please
contact the search chair, Dr. Daniel Wagner: dswag...@rice.edu.

Best
Yang