Hi Sam,

What you write does not sound good to me.
Did you have Phaser check "all possible [spacegroups] in same pointgroup" (this
is how it is called in ccp4i)? P321 is quite rare, compared to P3121 and P3221.
If you miss a screw axis, you will not find a solution.
An R-factor of 50% does not at all prove that the solution is correct.

Finally, an outer-shell CC1/2 of 0.9 means that the crystals diffract
significantly higher than 1.9A (maybe 1.7A or even better).
You should use much more data from that data collection rather than truncating
at 1.9A; even data from the corners of the detector are useful if there is
diffraction recorded (with, say, I/sigma >1 or CC1/2>0.14 ).
There exists no "completeness police" that would tell you "the completeness in
your highest shell is less than 90% so you cannot use these data" or similar.
In particular if you have little sequence knowledge for chain B, you want to
maximize the information gained from the experiment; this helps the maps, the
refinement, and therefore the sequence assignment. Every reflection carries
some amount of information; that amount depends on how accurately it is
measured.

If the detector edges were limiting the max resolution and you have more
crystals, collect additional datasets at closer distance.

HTH,
Kay