From: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> on behalf of Andrew Gnann
<adgn...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 4, 2024 8:29 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Subject: [External] Re: [ccp4bb] alternatives to Consurf server

Hi Andre,
I recently prepared a Consurf-like figure using conservation scores pulled from
alignments in JalView. You would follow instructions for running
data2bfactor.py in PyMOL, feeding the conservation scores to replace your
model's B factor column. Then set up a color ramp like you would use to display
B factors. Please let me know if you go this route and run into issues.

Here is a link to a copy of data2bfactor.py:
https://gist.github.com/Croydon-Brixton/ca916769c285faed69740d384b5daf23

Best,
Andrew

On Thu, Jan 4, 2024, 9:07 AM Andre Godoy
<00000b9d7671a1b6-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk<mailto:00000b9d7671a1b6-dmarc-requ...@jiscmail.ac.uk>>
 wrote:
Dear CCP4ers,

Wishing you all a Happy New Year!

You may have noticed that the Consurf server has been down since the conflicts
in the Middle East began. Does anyone know of alternative tools that can
provide similar results?

Best regards.

Andre S. Godoy, PhD

Universidade de São Paulo
Instituto de Física de São Carlos
Av. João Dagnone, 1100, Jd. Santa Angelina
13563-120 - São Carlos, SP, Brazil