That pxmaths document was put together by Maria Turkenburg, with a bit of
input from me long long ago, but then the theory hasn't changed much in
that time.
My old reference was Srinvasen  & Parthasarathy
>From crystallography in India..
Influential books by him and his associates (R. Srinivasan, S.
Parthasarathy) in 1970 and 1976 on methods of solving the phase problem and
crystallographic statistics, are also noteworthy.