Hi all,

I would very much like to make use of i2run's capacity for scripting,
rather than pressing the same sequence of GUI buttons a few dozen times,
but I'm having trouble actually calling it.

The documentation <https://ccp4i2.gitlab.io/rstdocs/i2run/i2run.html> I
found gives example code snippets structured as "i2run [function]
[options]", but even immediately after sourcing ccp4, entering e.g. "i2run
import_merged --help" returns an error saying "bash: i2run: command not
found".

I found only one reference to i2run on the ccp4bb archive
<https://www.mail-archive.com/ccp4bb@jiscmail.ac.uk/msg56079.html>
(actually from just 2 days ago!), which included a script that called i2run
using the full path of
"/ccp4-8.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ccp4i2/bin/i2run crank2". However, I
was not able to find any equivalent path in either of the 2 ccp4
installations I have access to.

Ideally I'd like to use our lab's installation of ccp4 on our university
computational cluster, which is currently ccp4-7.1. Attempting to follow
the analogous path took me to "ccp4-7.1/lib/python2.7/site-packages", which
did not contain a ccp4i2 directory. I'm wondering if perhaps i2run wasn't
introduced until ccp4-8.0, and we would need an updated installation?
Except, I also have ccp4 downloaded on my laptop (a Mac, if that's
relevant), and going to "ccp4-8.0/lib/python3.7/site-packages" there still
did not produce a ccp4i2 directory.

Therefore, I'm wondering: Does ccp4-7.1 contain i2run, or would I need to
update to 8.0 no matter what? And, almost regardless of the answer to that
first question: What is the proper way to call i2run/where does it live
within a ccp4 installation? I've been searching through the online
documentation, but all the information I could find seemed to assume that
i2run was readily accessible given the existence of a ccp4 installation, so
I'm a bit stumped.

Many thanks,
Maggie