What type of Rfree flags do you have? The CCP4 flags will be a random integer
between 0 and 19, with 0 being used for the free set. Reminding myself: "Phenix
uses the CNS/XPLOR convention for R-free flags, where 1 marks the test set and
0 the "working" set." Shelx is different, too, but that probably doesn't matter
here. Anyway, I think if you have a phenix Rfree set, 95% of the reflections
will have flags of zero (the phenix working set) and CCP4 would regard these as
the test set and only use the phenix Rfree set (5% of the data) for the working
set. Don't ask how I know, but you can get Rfree values lower than Rwork at
this point. Combine this with low completeness and perhaps that is what is
happening.

Best wishes, Jon Cooper. jon.b.coo...@protonmail.com

Sent from Proton Mail mobile