I am a group leader at the University of Edinburgh (Granneman
Lab<https://sandergranneman.bio.ed.ac.uk/>), Scotland, UK, and I have a
post-doc position available for a structural biologist.

The post, funded by a Medical Research Council programme grant,  is initially
for 2 years but can be extended to 4 years.
I am looking for an experienced structural biologist that has a track record in
structural analysis (X-ray crystallography and/or cryo-EM) of protein complexes.
The project aims to understand how helix-turn-helix proteins in bacteria are
also able to recognise RNA and what the functional significance of this
interaction is.
It is a hugely interdisciplinary project, involving biochemistry, biophysics,
computational analysis of sequencing data and drug discovery and therefore
provides a unique learning opportunity for scientists willing to expand their
toolset. We don't expect you to have knowledge in all of these areas! The most
important thing is that the candidate has experience in structural biology and
biophysical analysis of protein-ligand interactions.

Feel free to e-mail me (sander.granne...@ed.ac.uk) to discuss this further.

All the best,

Sander

Associate Professor at the University of Edinburgh
Centre for Engineering Biology
The University of Edinburgh is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with
registration number SC005336. Is e buidheann carthannais a th' ann an Oilthigh
Dhùn Èideann, clàraichte an Alba, àireamh clàraidh SC005336.