Dear Colleagues,

This email is to remind you to register or support your trainees in registering
for the inaugural Gateway Ion Channel Symposium (GICS). The deadline for
registration is May 31, 2024.

https://www.vai.org/event/gateway-ion-channel-symposium/

GICS is designed to feature junior faculty members and trainees working in the
ion channel field. We offer a platform for emerging scientists to present their
research, engage in scientific discussions, share innovative ideas, and seek
career advice. We are committed to fostering an inclusive environment that
promotes collaboration and knowledge-sharing among the ion channel community.

We look forward to your participation in making the inaugural GICS a landmark
event for the ion channel research community.

Warm regards,

Juan Du
An behalf of GICS organization and advisory committee (Al George, Eduardo
Perozo, Jeanne Nerbonne, Isabelle Deschenes, Christopher Ahern, Juan Du, Sudha
Chakrapani, Baron Chanda)

Poster Awards
Three levels of poster awards (postdocs and graduate students only)
First prize: a fully covered trip to the 10th International Ion Channel
Conference in Guiyang, China, July 14-18, 2025
(Contact: Prof. Dr. Wei Yang)
Second Prize: Three awards of $500, sponsored by industrial partnerships
Third Prize: Five awards of $200, sponsored by industrial partnerships

Travel Awards
Travel expenses reimbursed up to $500 for selected students and postdocs
Please contact Courtney Zirkle for more details regarding the application.