RCSB PDB is independent of PDBe with regards to this.  The  PDB archive does not distribute electron density maps.  Each site can provide "feature added" data content from their websites.

As you mentioned, PDBe runs a service that uses urls like https://www.ebi.ac.uk/pdbe/entry-files/1o08.ccp4 which is based on a re-implementation of the legacy EDS service at Uppsala. While I cannot speak for PDBe, I have no reason to believe that this service will be discontinued in the near future.

Both RCSB PDB and PDBe provide electron density volumes in BinaryCif format using a volume server.  These are used by Mol* on each of their sites. The goal for RCSB PDB is to serve up the electron density map contents based on the maps calculated by the validation process and not a separate process using the program DCC.  Validation report map coefficients are available for almost all X-ray structures in the PDB archive.  As software, such as Gemmi, makes it relatively straightforward for a user o convert the PDBx/mmCIF map coefficients to MTZ files or directly to a map, it no longer requires a large software installation.

I believe CCP4 maps are used for much of the graphical software. However, if you need to convert to a DSN6 file, you could use old MAPMAN binaries, use xdlmapman (part of CCP4),  sftools (part of CCP4) or compile mapman yourself using sources at https://github.com/martynwinn/Uppsala-Software-Factory. Up until know RCSB PDB has produced DSN6 formatted maps using an old MAPMAN binary.

I hope this clarifies the direction we are going in.