Dear Jordi,

for XDS/XSCALE users, there is XDSCC12 (see
https://wiki.uni-konstanz.de/xds/index.php/Xdscc12 ).

It is integrated in XDSGUI (statistics tab) where it shows, for a single
XDS_ASCII.HKL, how much batches of the run contribute towards CC1/2 of the
dataset, i.e. what there delta-CC1/2 is. This e.g. allows to see where
radiation damage sets in.

For use with merging of datasets, you create a XSCALE.INP with

OUTPUT_FILE=WHATEVERNAME.HKL
INPUT_FILE=/some/where/first/XDS_ASCII.HKL
INPUT_FILE=/some/where/econd/XDS_ASCII.HKL
INPUT_FILE=/some/where/third/XDS_ASCII.HKL
... (as many INPUT_FILEs as you want)

Then you just run

xscale_par

and obtain XSCALE.LP and WHATEVERNAME.HKL (and a bunch of control files; if you
are not interested in these, there are options that prevent their creation).

Finally, you run

xdscc12 WHATEVERNAME.HKL | tee XDSCC12.LP

and it will calculate the delta-CC1/2 statistics of each dataset, for each
resolution shell.
It does this for the isomorphous signal (which is what you ask about), and for
the anomalous signal (delta-CC1/2ano).

There are options that modify the action and output of the program; you see
them in the XDSwiki article or when you run with the -h option.

What should make its use easy is that XDSCC12 writes a file
XSCALE.INP_rename_me that has the format of XSCALE.INP, but with the INPUT_FILE
lines sorted by the quality of the datasets i.e. by their delta-CC1/2 . I'd
read and edit XSCALE.INP_rename_me, remove the last one if it has a negative
delta-CC1/2 , then rename to XSCALE.INP, and re-run xscale_par . If you have
many datasets, this can be iterated; I hope you get the idea.

If you have questions, pls get back.

Hope this helps,
Kay