From: CCP4 bulletin board <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK> on behalf of John R Helliwell
<jrhelliw...@gmail.com>
Sent: 02 August 2024 11:47 AM
To: CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK <CCP4BB@JISCMAIL.AC.UK>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [ccp4bb] How high a B factor is too high to assume a
loop is in place, in the AlphaFold era?

Dear Colleagues,
I think this paper from 1979 is still very interesting:-
<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.nature.com_articles_280563a0&d=DwMFaQ&c=4NmamNZG3KTnUCoC6InoLJ6KV1tbVKrkZXHRwtIMGmo&r=1DzJFW0v6TgEhkW1gy_-ke-RbtvS1fzEbD5_hcb9Up0&m=_Me4Xe5QZbbYN_GNBrKXdDe2jPv25n-V7XAp03Qcx-XmE9JutFEcl_X81WALv787&s=jC_Z5R86pF5k_iS5FpD1922HfoZySK0czqxWXOR8Gag&e=>
Crystallographic studies of the dynamic properties of
lysozyme<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.nature.com_articles_280563a0&d=DwMFaQ&c=4NmamNZG3KTnUCoC6InoLJ6KV1tbVKrkZXHRwtIMGmo&r=1DzJFW0v6TgEhkW1gy_-ke-RbtvS1fzEbD5_hcb9Up0&m=_Me4Xe5QZbbYN_GNBrKXdDe2jPv25n-V7XAp03Qcx-XmE9JutFEcl_X81WALv787&s=jC_Z5R86pF5k_iS5FpD1922HfoZySK0czqxWXOR8Gag&e=>
nature.com<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.nature.com_articles_280563a0&d=DwMFaQ&c=4NmamNZG3KTnUCoC6InoLJ6KV1tbVKrkZXHRwtIMGmo&r=1DzJFW0v6TgEhkW1gy_-ke-RbtvS1fzEbD5_hcb9Up0&m=_Me4Xe5QZbbYN_GNBrKXdDe2jPv25n-V7XAp03Qcx-XmE9JutFEcl_X81WALv787&s=jC_Z5R86pF5k_iS5FpD1922HfoZySK0czqxWXOR8Gag&e=>
[apple-touch-icon-f39cb19454.png]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.nature.com_articles_280563a0&d=DwMFaQ&c=4NmamNZG3KTnUCoC6InoLJ6KV1tbVKrkZXHRwtIMGmo&r=1DzJFW0v6TgEhkW1gy_-ke-RbtvS1fzEbD5_hcb9Up0&m=_Me4Xe5QZbbYN_GNBrKXdDe2jPv25n-V7XAp03Qcx-XmE9JutFEcl_X81WALv787&s=jC_Z5R86pF5k_iS5FpD1922HfoZySK0czqxWXOR8Gag&e=>
Have a great weekend,
John

Emeritus Professor John R Helliwell DSc