Dear CCP4 members,

My group is expanding at the University of Kent, and we have a three-year
postdoc position available in my laboratory.

We seek an enthusiastic individual interested in structural biology, especially
single-particle cryo-electron microscopy and X-ray crystallography techniques.
The post is for three years, and the selected candidate will investigate the
structures and functions of multi-protein complexes.

The proposed work will combine biochemistry, biophysics, and structural biology
techniques, especially single-particle cryo-electron microscopy (cryo-EM) and
X-ray crystallography. Although experience in cryo-EM is highly desirable,
training will be provided to the selected candidate. The role will also involve
working closely with our national and international collaborators.

We are equipped with a 120keV electron microscope for single-particle work and
have access to eBIC, Diamond and the University of Leicester for high-end
cryo-data collection. The School of Biosciences at Kent also has numerous other
facilities, such as NMR, mass Spectrometry and single-molecule imaging, to
complement our structural work.

Applicants about to receive PhD in a relevant subject area are strongly
encouraged to apply for this post.  This is an excellent opportunity to
strengthen skills in assembling multi-protein complexes and structural biology.
For more information or informal enquiries, you can contact me at
m....@kent.ac.uk <mailto:m....@kent.ac.uk>.

For more details and to apply for this position, please follow the link below:
https://www.jobs.ac.uk/job/DJZ951/research-associate

Best wishes,
Mohinder

"Whatever you’re meant to do, do it now. The conditions are always impossible.”

Doris Lessing