Hi Amit,

the questions and suggestions by Eta are important ones and I would like to
extend them a little bit.

For your apo crystals, instead of adding DMSO in one go, transfer the crystal
to a drop with 5% DMSO and wait, if it survives, transfer to 10%, to 20% and
finally to 30%.

Then, do not only test the apo form in the presence of xx % DMSO (whatever the
crystals tolerated), determine the structure model and

1) try to locate DMSO molecules in the ED map (are these in the binding site?)
2) is the expected drug binding site accessible for the drug or do crystal
contacts prevent the binding?

As for as the drug itself is concerned, a concentration of 19-fold the Kd would
theoretically give a 95% occupancy.

Good luck,

J.
__
Dr. math. et dis. nat. Jeroen R. Mesters
University of Lübeck
https://orcid.org/0000-0001-8532-6699