Maybe someone else will have a different opinion, but I suspect that the very
best method to predict secondary structure at the moment is to predict the
tertiary structure using AlphaFold or another machine-learning structure
prediction method, and then observe the secondary structure in the predicted
structure. These machine-learning methods have clearly learned how to
generalise from homology to known structures, evolutionary covariance, and
probably other aspects of protein structure.

Best wishes,

Randy Read

> On 7 Oct 2024, at 08:24, Bhavita Kattula <bhavit...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
> I'm trying to access the Homology-derived Secondary Structure of Proteins
> (HSSP) database for protein structure-sequence alignments, but I am
> encountering issues. The database does not seem to be functioning as
> expected, and I'm unable to retrieve the necessary data.
> Could anyone confirm whether this is a temporary issue or if there are
> ongoing maintenance or updates taking place? Additionally, I would greatly
> appreciate recommendations for alternative databases that provide similar
> functionalities, particularly for accessing protein structure-sequence
> alignments and related data.
>
> Best wishes,
> --
> Bhavita Kattula
> Graduate student
> C/o Dr. Anthony Addlagatta
> Chief Scientist
> Structural Biology Lab
> CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology,
> Tarnaka, Hyderabad-500007.

> https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/WA-JISC.exe?SUBED1=CCP4BB&A=1

-----
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research     Tel: +44 1223 336500
The Keith Peters Building
Hills Road                                                       E-mail:
rj...@cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.
www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk