> On Jun 9, 2015, at 14:43 , Johnny Billquist <b...@update.uu.se> wrote:
> Yes, R5 is more or less used the same on all VAXen, since this is used by
> VMB, which almost all VAXen use in one form or another.

Thank you very much for the R5 details!

I presume that the other registers and the VMB.EXE that reads them are probably
machine-specific, as I see all sorts of arbitrary-looking numbers stuffed into
them depending on which device the ddnBOO.CMD file corresponds to.

> Yes, you should be able to plug a TZ30 in to pretty much any Unix box, and
> read TK50 tapes off that.

Cool. I'm looking for one now. The seller who sold me the TK50 doesn't have
any, and I've tried contacting another seller I found online. eBay and I are
seeing other people now, but the TZ30 listings I found there look overpriced to
me, anyway. I'll start new threads here and on VCF to see what I can scare out
of the woodwork.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <n...@nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/