On 8/9/15 1:12 PM, Noel Chiappa wrote:
This all makes sense - if one can reach into the CPU, it's definitely
plausible to have an upgrade which expands the size of the PARs (unlike the
ENABLE board from Able).

I know I'm late to this discussion, but are you aware of this:

http://bitsavers.trailing-edge.com/pdf/konelar/RVM128-RVM512_UM_1982.pdf

It's basically bank switched unibus memory. Not split I&D, I know but might be interesting. And not QBUS, I know. But I thought I'd mention it, since at one point in the discussion I could swear there was talk of the 11/34 two board set.

I somehow ended up with a bunch of these boards, and some blanks and enough spares to finish some of the blanks. If you are interested I'd be more than happy to "share". I have a working 11/34 and 11/44 so I could even test them. I think I might need to blow some PALs, but I can do that if I can find the right parts (gals, most likely these days).

-brad