On 8/15/2015 3:18 PM, couryho...@aol.com wrote:
Mike - this  would  be a  good  complete  system  for  you Mike  and  good
it  has   tapes.
that  may have the  little  cartridge drive in it  too  but  beware the
cartridge  drives   they seem  to all  have  gummy capstans...  I  ruined  a
fos   tape  put it in... got  error... pulled it  out  and  looked  like  it
was slimed with the 'black oil'  like in x  files!  there is a work around
for this  though  using  some  glue and  rings  on the capstan roller after
  you  scrape the   goo  off.    having the  large tape  drive is better
anyway. like this  unit   has.

To be clear:

The computer does not have a cartridge tape drive. The computer rack has the CPU and three shoebox drives. I believe each drive is about 330MB. The tape drive that I would add in the deal is a rackmount HP7980 AUTOLOADER. I think it is so cool to watch these drives load a tape. Almost magical how the tape winds it's way through the drive.

See yas.
Steve Robertson