On 10/19/2015 12:39 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Well, you did ask for "thoughts in the conversion", so I gave you mine. Sorry if you felt they were unhelpful. I just thought the "conversion" was basically a no-work. Programming proms is something I have spent more time than I can count on, and is so routine that I don't even think about it.

I didn't mean that in disrespect. The contents of what I posted was on the page and I basically needed the binaries and needed some direction as to which went where. I appreciate you taking time to reply, but am coming from a lot less capability than you have. I do a lot of computing and the like, but I've purposely not kept up with eprom technology to the point that i can't reliably swear I can program them right now.

There are only so many things one can keep up with and eproms were not one that was cheap to follow, and I was more into EE type devices anyway.

I may need a favor by swapping you some of my eproms (I have a 12" x 12" x 12" box of pulls) maybe to get you to make me a set for my board.

I've pulled out probably 500 and returned them to the original owner and owe him more. but I do probably have a lot of the 27xx proms.

Do you think these are 27C or just straight 27 type eproms, and if so what speeds? That is what I need to know too.

thanks
Jim
    Johnny

On 2015-10-19 20:57, jwsmobile wrote:

On 10/19/2015 10:03 AM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
Not sure what you expect a "conversion" means. Creating new PROMs
imply finding actual proms, a prom programmer, the code to program
into the PROMs, and then just replace the proms on the card.
Only the last piece will actually require any modification of the
card, and I would expect them to be socketed anyway, so replacing
means just removing the old proms, and inserting the new ones.

That is basically what I said.  I don't have one that isn't part of a
DecServer and i need images, or someone with a non DecServer to provide
them.

I guess you restated what I said. if you have one, I'd appreciate copies.

I didn't post the original link from the top of this thread, you might
want to read it.  I'm just stating what someone did back in the 2001
time frame and posted a page about the conversion and info on his
experiences.

The note also mentioned that you might want/need to install a pull-up.
But it would still be an extremely simple process. You just need the
right bits...

What I said.
    Johnny