On 10/26/2015 08:54 PM, wulfman wrote:
To effectively drill in plastics you need to run the drill press on
the highest speed you can and use a freshly sharpened drill bit.

If this is Perspex/Plexiglas, I've had great results with a good sharp Forstner bit in my drill press at medium (say 750 RPM) speed and a not-too aggressive feed.. No melting, just lots of crumbly shavings. I've done this with sizes down to about 1/4", but no smaller. When you're almost through the material, turn it over and complete the hole from the back side. Very clean edges, with no chips at all.

--Chuck