On 10/30/2015 11:47 AM, Paul Koning wrote:

On Oct 30, 2015, at 1:39 PM, ben <bfranc...@jetnet.ab.ca> wrote:

On 10/30/2015 8:55 AM, Fred Cisin wrote:
On 30 October 2015 at 12:02, rod <rodsmallwoo...@btinternet.com> wrote:
The list seems very quiet to-day.
I have had only one post this morning.
Anybody know why?

Is everybody off at the top-secret VCF-Paris?

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015, Liam Proven wrote:
No replies to my message about NASA wanting Fortran programmers...

extinct?  or just too shameful?

Confused ... The space craft would not be Fortran.
Porting the old software to newer hardware?

Presumably the Fortran is at the Earth end.  Yes, you could port it, but you
can't port it if you can't read the original.  And given that you have a
perfectly good Fortran implementation still available, porting it may not be
all that useful.  (Now if they were talking Jovial, the answer might be
different -- though even there you can keep running the original, perhaps in
emulation.)

        paul

I am thinking they want to get rid of all the BIG iron left and go to a IBM Pizza box.Ben.