On 11/30/2015 03:17 PM, Charles Anthony wrote:

One of the drum computers had the address of the next instruction as
an operand of the instruction; the programmer would scatter the
instructions according to the execution time of the instructions;
IIRC "assembler" referred to the process of converting the sequential
source to the scattered arrangement.

I know about the one-plus-one addressing scheme used on the 650--and the SOAP assembler, for that matter. What I was wondering was if the attached RAMAC (305?) used it. Perhaps I should have been more explicit.

--Chuck