On 2015-12-05 13:29, tony duell wrote:

TU58 's is ready to test. I tried it in a spare serial port on a VS 3100.
Result nothing. I suspect the port is 423 and the tu58 232.

Actually the TU58 serial port has the differential driver and receivers used
on the later serial ports. It should talk to DECs version of RS423 with no
problems at all.

Not only that, but you can normally go between 232 and 423 with no problem. I suspect there is something else wrong with the port, or the software...

        Johnny

email: b...@softjar.se             ||  Reading murder books