Oliver Lehmann <lehm...@ans-netz.de> wrote:

Toby Thain <t...@telegraphics.com.au> wrote:

On 2015-12-08 2:16 AM, Oliver Lehmann wrote:
Hi Warner, hi Brad,
I don't intend to use this harddrive anyway, I just fear that I made a
misstake in my circuit or the code and others intending to use my
emulator also experiencing problems with their drives too.

Well, it's certainly interesting. I'm curious now whether your WDC AC31600H would work with my PIC code. :)

I checked it now with an old 486-DX50 EISA+VLB board (rare combination ;))
with a Goldstar Prime 2 and an Acer M5105 ISA Controller. Both detect and
work fine with this harddisk. No idea what mode they work but I guess it
is PIO 0-whatever only - no DMA involved....

Damn this drives me nuts.... either I accept it, or I get a logic analyzer
but the cost of such a thing..... :/

But - if the flanks or the timing would not be right - how could the IDENTIFY
command work without any error? If the flanks would not be straight or /RD is
not active long enough or whatever - shouldnt return the IDENTIFY an error as
well? I'd say so......