On Wed, 30 Dec 2015, Ian S. King wrote:

I've had CL in Seattle for years with minimal disruptions.  Nothing
compared to my friends/colleagues with ComCrap.

I agree, I'm just north of Seattle, in Lake Forest Park. With CL DSL I'm stuck at 5MB/800K. Honestly, the 800K uplink is the real killer, 5MB down isn't awful, unless I'M trying to download an ISO or something -- in which case I can usually wait until I get to work (The UW has some fat pipes). The service is quite relable -- I think the Arris modem then sent me is shit, but that's a different issue.

Talking to some line techs in the neighborhood and confirming with CL customer service, CL fiber is supposedly coming to my neighborhood in the next 6 months. I'm not sure I believe it.

The one really interesting thing about DSL, which has me wondering if I should keep it is that a fixed IP only costs like an extra $2/month. With any newer offering, (fiber/cable) I've seen that go as high as $20/month

--
Jason

Sent from my Atari 800