On 1/1/2016 1:54 PM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
On 01/01/2016 11:03 AM, Jim Brain wrote:
On 1/1/2016 12:50 AM, Mike wrote:
Thank you G for the info that guy was quite young. . . So now I
guess Ill buy the SD card addon but the only problem is that I have
seen you can only use a 2 gig SD card in them is that right?
Can you clarify?  I'm not aware of a SD card add-on for the C64 that
can only do 2GB SD cards.

I've seen this on digicams with CF cards. 2GB is the "official" limit to FAT16 filesystems. However, XP and later can format 4GB cards to FAT16 as well--and it seems to work very well with my older cameras, which do not understand FAT32.

--Chuck

I understand that, but the OP was talking about a SD card add-on (I assume for the 64) that only accepts 2GB cards. AFAIK, all of them accept FAT32 now. Since I sell one of the variants, and I have snarky people ask me how big a SD card mine will handle, I have here a 64 with a 128GB SD-card equipped drive :-). Works fine, though the root dir listing takes a LOOONG time :-)

(Yes, the card came formatted as exFAT, which is not supported. Luckily, it is trivial to format a SD card as FAT32 no matter the size)

Jim