On 3/31/2016 11:59 AM, Geoffrey Oltmans wrote:

I don't mean to detract from people's enthusiasm about the FPGA emulations
of these older systems... I have gone back and forth over getting something
like the MiST or minimig myself but I always come back to it being a
facsimilie of the the real hardware, but it's just as expensive and as
uncommon as the real hardware (granted you can emulate more than one), and
that the software emulation of the various systems that you mentioned are
in many cases very, very good that I have a hard time justifying the
purchase of one. Different people like different things of course and I'm
not discouraging anyone that wants one...I often think about this in the
context of real article vs software emulation as well. Are these better,
the same as or worse than the software emulation options commonly
available?

Well the FPGA's have the advantage of a small box, for a gaming box
that needs a few buttons, joystick and TV. Get them now before VIRTUAL 3D hits the market. I am picking up a Oberon FPGA setup to see what
a real OS is like.
Ben.