On 01/04/2016 21:24, Swift Griggs wrote:
On Fri, 1 Apr 2016, Pete Turnbull wrote:
Lots of 1280x1024 here.  4 of them on one machine :-)

Whoa. What's the story there ? Are you using some specialized system or
is just that they fit on your workspace well and you like multi-head?

The latter, really. It started as a dual-head PC and the nearby third monitor on an Indy got a KVM switch. Then a while ago I snagged a 2-up 2-across stand and happened to have 4 matching Iiyamas that had cost me nothing, so... It's grown organically and a lot cheaper than buying one really large hi-res display. The two graphics cards can actually drive three monitors each but that really would be OTT, and besides then I'd probably have to actually /buy/ something.

It's useful when photo editing or doing anything "interesting" on the network that needs a lot of windows. The KVM is still there so sometimes the top right is displaying the Indy desktop.

--
Pete