On 04/12/2016 09:49 PM, jwsmobile wrote:

any places to visit while I'm around? just visiting and would like to see if there are any surplus spots, or folks to say hi to.

TX/Rx labs in Houston is VERY interesting. A hackerspace, but with a lot of emphasis on electronics, too. They have a pick and place machine, one guy there has a fantastic electronics shop. They have a machine shop with some CNC machines that they retrofitted. I did see a PDP-8 in the mezzanine of the front room.

Lots of 3D printers, wood shop, bike shop, welding, arts and crafts and sewing, and on and on.

This is probably only of interest if you are flying in/out through Houston, however.

Jon