On 4/26/2016 11:23 PM, Erik Baigar wrote:

Well - "are out there" I agree, but do you know of any PRIVATELY
owned and ALIVE machines? There is lot of PDP* discussion here, but
it is very hard to get in touch with people being working on
Rolm stuff. Of course: In contrast to a non-working PDP8 (which
still looks beautiful) a defunc Rolm processor is just a very
heavy brick of metal.

So any one out there also preserving Rolm computer hardware in
working condition?

I have my Rolm 1603 working. No peripherals hooked to it, but you can toggle in stuff from the front panel.
http://dvq.com/oldcomp/photos2/1k/rolm1603_f.jpg

Bob

--
Vintage computers and electronics