On Wed, 27 Apr 2016, Swift Griggs wrote:

3. I know for a fact the US government and a few other folks are pretty
  well stuck with using Alphas for "certain" things. If the vendor was
  OK'd by the gubment, there might be some money to be made there, too.

That is interesting. So does Raytheon or someone still make a custom CPU with the Alpha ISA? Or maybe foundryless, soft core, etc. I wasn't aware of that.

I was browsing around a few months back and found a catalog from a Russian electronics company. Current catalog ... and they appear to still be doing PDP-11 ... I know for sure ... and possibly VAX ... might be confabulating that ... CPUs. I thought that was neat. Assumedly for some mil-spec use.

Best,

Sean