On 2016-05-11 17:59, geneb wrote:

Cool. I'm not fond of SketchUp anyhow. I'm switchin'. If you've ever used qcad, I'm wondering what you or others might know/think of it. That one works on my Unix boxes, that's why I ask. It's been flirting with me every
since I've seen it appearing in various pkg repos.

I only use SolidWorks.  There's nothing out there for MacOS or *nix
that I'd spend the effort to throw a brick at.  :)

g.

FreeCad has worked great for all of my printing needs FWIW. Granted i tend to build structural things, not necessarily pretty things. I did however design a 1U server case that holds 8 RPi's with a integrated PSU / UltraCap UPS.