On 5/25/2016 4:29 PM, Fred Cisin wrote:
On Wed, 25 May 2016, Noel Chiappa wrote:
Those printers had an amazingly long life! They were first introduced in 1959 with the 1401 computer, and, like I said, the brand spanking new System 3
they got in ca. 1976 came with one! I wonder when IBM stopped producing
them?

Did they discontinue the most long lasting printer that they had made
The 1403 was and is a great printer, but IBM didn't make a lot of crappy ones. We had a 6262 and a 3xxx (don't recall it) with a builtin channel both of which were great printers too. Don't forget such as the laser engine coupled units either. Huge messes, but could turn out amazing volumes of printed material.