On 6/3/2016 9:11 AM, Jerome H. Fine wrote:
>Rod Smallwood wrote:

>On 03/06/2016 16:43, Jerome H. Fine wrote:

<snip>
Hi its a KDJ11-B all memory on CPU board

Rod

I am very confused.  Is your mention of memory on the CPU board
for the PDP-11/83 or the PDP-11/93?  I thought that the PDP-11/83
never had memory on the CPU board (assuming that the cache is not
regarded as memory).

This aspect of the thread is probably no longer relevant, I just wanted
to note that PMI memory can be used with what most individuals would
consider to be a PDP-11/73 (naturally a quad) board and the PMI
aspect of the memory will be activated when the PMI memory is
installed ABOVE the CPU board.

Also when PMI memory is installed BELOW the backplane, it is then
used as normal Qbus memory in a Qbus system.  I can't see anyone
doing that, but it is allowed.

Jerome Fine

I suspect it is using this board.

M7554-02-KDJ11-DB-WITH-1-5MB-MEMORY-ON-BOARD-USED

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161791207076

I am guessing the 1.5mb isn't cache, but is system memory on this board.

There is also the KDJ11-BF which has no memory on board.  M8190-AE.

thanks
Jim