On 08/06/2016 00:09, Pete Turnbull wrote:
On 07/06/2016 21:58, Rod Smallwood wrote:

Now then 11/83 - QBUS  so  an RXV21 to drive the RX02.
But where to put it. Next to the RQDX3?  After it?  In front?

It won't make much difference.  Personally, I put it in front, but
that's largely force of habit, born out of the need to place any RQDX1
as the last item on the bus because of the way it (doesn't) pass grants.

In general, the recommended order on microPDP-11s is:
 memory
 Ethernet and/or synchronous comms, eg DEQNA, DPV11, DRV11
 printers, eg LPV11
 other serial comms, eg DLV11, DZV11, DHV11
 tapes, eg TK50, TK70
 disks, eg RLV11
 MSCP

Hi Pete
      I put the memory then the cpu then the RXV21 and finally the RQDX3.
System boots from the RX50 and the RD53 just fine.

Now I need to run diagnostics on the RXV21 and then the RX02.
As usual the manual tells you everything you dont need to know,
I thought L RXDIAG  then CR and S but no the prog. was not on yhe disk.

Suggestions on testing RXV21 please

Rod

\