On Thu, Jul 14, 2016 at 01:03:31PM -0600, ben wrote:
[...]
> I had hopes on the Amiga until they came out with the 2000*.
> * Lets add a brain dead cpu and run DOS.

The A2088 was an add-in option. Back in the day, only one of my A2000-owning
friends had a bridgecard. I was given a demo, and it was rather clunky. The
main compelling feature of the A2000 was the built-in hard disk.

Commodore UK also released the A1500 which was an A2000 without hard disk but
with an extra floppy drive, i.e. the same spec as a typical A500 gaming rig. It
apparently flew off the shelves, although I'm not sure why given it cost
somewhat more than the A500 equivalent.