> On Jul 17, 2016, at 3:37 PM, Paul Koning <paulkon...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

>> On Jul 17, 2016, at 3:29 PM, Terry Stewart <te...@webweavers.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jules
>>
>> I found removing my QX-10's battery stopped the machines working.  I tried
>> replacing it with a lithium battery after disabling the recharging circuit
>> but that didn't work either.
>
> In the early days of amateur radio transmitters with embedded
> microprocessors, some idiot manufacturers put the firmware (all of it) in
> battery backed RAM.  So if the battery went dead, you had a boat anchor, not
> a radio.
>
> I hope that sort of thing isn't what you're dealing with here...
>
>       paul

I'd also very much like to know this too.  I have three of these things and
would like not to lose them to a battery leak.  I have done zero investigation
so far apart from taking a look and not seeing a visible battery problem.  But
I was hoping to do a battery sweep later this summer, and these were among the
ones I wanted to seriously look at de-batterying.  Anyone here successfully
replaced the battery?  I honestly haven't checked the manuals to see if there
are any notes on this, there might be.  I think I have the SAMS pamphlet on the
QX-10 as well, which might say.  I'll look around and report back if I see
anything relevant.

 -Paul