If you use a 16K board you'll want to config it to start at $8000, so that it
covers $8000-$BFFF.
If it goes higher than that it may end up in conflict with the ROMS and IO.

Alternatively, you could start with a minimal machine by reenabling the 6810
RAM on the CPU board and all you would need plugged into the backplane is the
CPU board and console device board.