I don't have the right caps to try with the MP-M so I'll have to wait.  But I
did try again setting my DRC boards to A000.  And when the machine is turned
on, it does respond, but it just produces garbage characters on the terminal.
Sometimes, two, sometimes three, or a whole line of them.

I thought ok, maybe it's time to get back to basics and return this thing to
stock form.  However, I noticed the CPU board has *also* been altered.  There
is a second crystal on it next to the original and a 740LS00 piggybacked on top
of another chip.  Oy!  Not sure what's going to happen if I try to put the rest
of it back to stock.