On 09/ 8/16 07:14 PM, Fred Cisin wrote:
On Thu, 8 Sep 2016, TeoZ wrote:
They never really show acceleration and deceleration onboard a spaceship
affecting the crew so why bother with seat belts (that would be a pain for the
actors to use)? Besides what good would they do if you actually hit something
large in space at the speed of light.

If you were going FTL, then you would just pass through it, without noticing.

In ST:TOS, they command crew on the bridge were often thrown around in battle
scenes, etc.

Personally, I think the thing we have to look forward to from the bridge is explosives in the equipment consoles. Sad about the fatalities, but there is always a cost to pay.

Handheld phasers would be cool if somebody comes up with a batterY that hold
crazy amounts of energy and would not short out in your pocket.

Surely, the Star Trek phasers didn't need anything more than an LR44!