On 10/9/2016 1:58 AM, Peter Corlett wrote:
Playing a computer game is about as entertaining to me as
>putting my money into an online slot machine.
Find better games
I'm more interested in the technology of the implementing games, and the coming VR that might be interesting. Remote reality is now possibly in reach. Certainly forms of it are used at JPL for the Mars Rover projects. You can go in a room, wonder around and bend down and look at things with their telepresence technologies. For quite a long time.

Also though maybe not a video game, Microsoft FS-X is amazing. I'd love to have the room, resources and time to hook up a reasonable simulator. But going around shooting bad guys and looking at random scores, boring. Adventure pretty much was the diversion, never have looked back. What I get from that game doesn't need graphics, and has as much fun to me as you could have with all the gamer stuff.

I thank games for bringing out incredible power to desktop systems, I use them for build servers and the like. Games, not so much. I wish I had time to get into the GPU processing, but maybe someday,
right now not enough time.

--
Note change in email address.  Please use reply-to
address.  TWC is changing their email and this may