On 11/02/2016 06:38 PM, Mark Wickens wrote:
I recently discovered the very excellent website http://pascal.hansotten.com devoted to all things Wirth.

I did a lot of work in Pascal on VAX and Windows systems in the '80s or so, and have some legacy programs that were in use until recently. I was VERY pleased to discover FPC (Free Pascal Compiler) which implements the Borland and DEC extensions very well. A big program that was one of the last Pascal programs I wrote in Borland turbo Pascal for Windows converted Gerber photoplotting language to a raster file. I was able to get it recompiled on Linux using FPC in just a few days, and it runs fine (better in fact than the original).
And, of course, it is again maintainable!

Jon